Sunday, October 23, 2011

What do I practice?--an entry for my facebook fans.

For those of you who know me, you probably think why the heck is he blogging?  Well all the "seo" authorities say that this is important to get web traffic up so on and so forth.

However, I though I'd take the opportunity to let all of you know what kind of law I practice so when someone you know says, "I wonder if someone can help me with__________."  You can say...wait I know someone who does that. So here it goes.

Social Security
I help people get their Social Security Disability benefits.  When someone can't work anymore and they've paid into the system, they are entitled to those benefits. The thing is that a lot of people who shouldn't get benefits apply and this gums up the system.  It makes it harder for people who really do deserve benefits to get them, so they hire me.  It really can be quite rewarding.  And to all of my Michigan followers up there, I can do this kind of work anywhere in the country.

Bankruptcy
Sometimes bad things happen to good people.  Sometimes it's unemployment sometimes it's medical bills from a time they didn't have insurance.  Whatever the reason, bankruptcy provides a safety net to help people get out of perpetual debt holes.  I can help people stop foreclosure on their homes.  I can do a lot of things with debt through bankruptcy. I also know the importance of paying for ones debts but some things happen that are just out of one's control sometimes.  The need for bankruptcy can be embarrassing to some.  That's why I try to make the process as non-obtrusive as possible. I have helped families in my community file and discharge debt with bankruptcy all the while keeping the whole process confidential.

Probate and Estate Planning
While I don't spend a lot of time talking about this, it is something I do.  Wills and declaration of guardianship are part of my repertoire.  I also help people out with probate if they are an executor of an estate.  Sometimes the process can be simple sometimes not so much. Most people who aren't approaching the estate tax threshold need only certain will and estate planning documents.  Some need trusts but I recommend at least a will for everyone and a declaration of guardianship especially if they have kids.

So there it all is.  That is pretty much what I do.  So if you hear of anyone needing any of the above feel free to share my information with him or her.

No comments:

Post a Comment